Thursday, March 19, 2009

Goodies..


Yesterday after the two oldest were off to school, the baby and I hit a local antique store on a whim and I thought I'd share some of the goodies I picked up. I got these cute little juice glasses with yellow daisies. They put me in the spring mood and I think I'll put them in my glass kitchen cupboards.

This fruitcake tin was a bargain at $3.50, and I am a sucker for the color red. Thank goodness it didn't have that old fruitcake in it, those are heavy when they are fresh, let alone a 40 year old fruitcake!! I also got this cute 1940's apple spoon rest. I just love the color.


After about two hours wandering around the antique store, I went home and made buttercream cupcakes for a friends birthday. They were so tasty I had one for breakfast this morning with my coffee!! Cupcakes, the breakfast of champions!!!

2 comments:

Elyse said...

i love the little glasses. how cute they will be filled with handfulls of buttercups.

happy spring-eve!

Rainy Day Farm said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and enjoying my Easter blocks. They were a lot of fun to make. I have been so inspired by all the talented women in blog land that I am getting in touch with my inner Martha again. I love your mugs, I will have to enter your contest! Thanks