Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Gotta Love Junkin!!


Gotta love Spring clean up!!! Once a year our town has spring clean up day where everyone can put all of their "junk" by the road that the garbage man usually won't pick up, and lemme tell ya... it's a junkers dream!!! I just drove through town and found this bench in a LARGE pile of junk and it sent my heart a pitter patter!!! I can see this painted with new cushions, maybe vintage fabrics and viola!!! A new piece of junk for my.... I don't know where I'll put it, but I NEEDED it!! lol... Thought I'd share some past junk I've accumulated, too.
Last year I got these ols Wheelbarrows and thought they'd look good in the garden planted with flowers on them...


I have a PILE of old doors windows and screens waiting for projects..



This is a porch swing I picked up last year that has no home in my new house, and I never repainted it.. so this year it may go back into the junk pile!!


More junk updates to follow.... I ALWAYS need junk to refurbish and my to do list is never too long!!

11 comments:

Little Lady Cakes said...

Haha. I love "junk," too!

LORI said...

ISN'T JUNK JUST THE BEST EVER?! I LOVE GARAGE SALES, TOO! I'M SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE STATUS OF YOUR WASHER/DRYER, BUT LAUNDRY'S OVER-RATED ANYWAY, I THINK! GLAD YOU STOPPED BY MY BLOG, BECAUSE NOW I GET TO READ YOURS! I LOVE ALL THE PICS...I FEEL A PROJECT COMING ON! HERE'S A TIP FOR YOU (ALTHOUGH YOU PROBABLY ALREADY DO THIS!). BUY OLD BOARD BOOKS AT GARAGE SALES, SAND DOWN THE PAGES, ADD YOUR OWN PAINT, PAPER, ETC. VOILA! ALTERED BOARD BOOK FOR JUST PENNIES! OKAY, I'LL STOP NOW, I SOUND LIKE AN INFOMERCIAL...

Little Lady Cakes said...

I'm passing an award to you!

Please visit my website to grab it. :)

AP Mommy said...

Fun junk is great. Happy WW!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Wheelbarrows as planters is such a great idea! Hi from SITS!

scrappysue said...

some great stuff there!! i love finding bargains too - thanks for stopping by!

Lemonlime said...

Hi. Thanks for visiting my blog. I always admire people who can turn "junk" into little jewels. By the way, I love the photograph of your header.

Orchardviewcottage said...

Thanks!! The photograph on my header is a local covered bridge by the Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes... Lots of great picture taking opportunities up here in Northern Michigan!!

Cher said...

ya know, I'm a big believer in this trash to treasure stuff...my mom used to always get some from garage sales and I was like, "Mom, please.." But it always ended up being so cute and functional! Love the ideas on this post! Stopping by from SITS!

Vashti said...

That bench is adorable! I love it. im gine some one thought it was junk!

MaRiN said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! It seems as though we have some of the same interests. I have a very similar flower display (like your first picture) in my little girl's room.